Position Open: Associate Rector (full-time)
All Saints’ seeks an ordained Episcopal priest or transitional deacon for the full-time position of Associate Rector. Typically, the associate oversees our church ministries with children and families, however, other staff configurations may be possible. Additionally, the associate will share in the liturgical, homiletic, pastoral and educational life of the congregation with our clergy team, consisting of the Rector, two Associates, and two Deacons.
All Saints’ is a diverse, vibrant, theologically centrist church with an average weekend attendance around 375. We also have a top-rated pre-K through 8th grade day school with around 500 students. Interested candidates may mail a cover letter, OTM portfolio and/or resume to: The Rev. Poulson Reed, All Saints’ Episcopal Church, 6300 N. Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012 or preferably email them to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 20, 2019 (although we will consider applications as we receive them).
- Work in collaboration with the clergy, lay staff, volunteer teachers and mentors to develop and maintain cohesive programs of education, ministry, and faith formation for families and children, that support and complement the overall vision for the parish.
- Join with the clergy team in leading worship, preaching, teaching, pastoral care, and participating in parish, day school, community and diocesan activities as needed.
- Day school responsibilities include teaching first and second grade religion, and officiating at chapels.
- Additional ministries assigned according to the skill set of the applicant.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will be grounded in prayer and spiritual formation, including the Daily Office, spiritual direction, and regular theological/spiritual study.
- The candidate will be hard working, organized, creative, flexible, and will enjoy building relationships with our parishioners, teachers, mentors, and day school community.
- Experience developing ministries and lay leadership is helpful.
- Strong preaching skills and a capable liturgical singing voice are required.
- Additional information and requirements available upon request.
The start date is flexible. The position offers a salary in the range of $48,000 – 50,000, plus excellent employee benefits (health insurance, pension, continuing education allowance), four weeks vacation, and moving expenses. Eligible children receive full scholarships to our outstanding day school (valued at $20,000 per student).
For questions, email email@example.com or call 602-279-5539.
- It’s gratifying to serve with energetic, supportive, fun colleagues. Our staff of 12, including 3 full-time priests, works collaboratively towards our common mission. God is doing great things at and through All Saints’, and it is fulfilling to be part of something meaningful.
- Between our church and day school, there is never a dull moment at All Saints’, with lots of activity during the school and program year on our campus and in the community.
- We have some of the best traditional liturgy and music in The Episcopal Church. We worship from the Book of Common Prayer an average of 14 times per week, including day school chapels, Evening Prayer, monthly choral Evensong, weddings and funerals.
- All Saints’ is a diverse congregation: Republicans and Democrats, young families and seniors, gays and lesbians, singles, wealthy and poor, from different backgrounds. We are united in a centrist, non partisan, healthy community of respect that follows Jesus Christ in the Episcopal tradition as we pray, learn, serve and connect with God and each other.
- We take our spiritual formation seriously. Our members of all ages appreciate learning about the faith. We have a solid foundation, but seek to grow in numbers and discipleship.
- We are committed to serving those in need in our city and beyond. We have active partnerships with many local agencies, including ICM Food and Clothing Bank, Feed My Starving Children, André House, and Saint Mary's Food Bank, and internationally with Saint Paul’s Church and School in Haiti.
- The weather. Phoenix has more than 300 days of sunshine per year. Sure, the summer is hot, but the late fall, winter, and spring are amazing.
- Phoenix has all the amenities of a big city: music and the arts, sports teams, outdoor activities, and great cuisine. The Southwest is a rich and unique landscape and culture.
- Phoenix is affordable for a major city.
- Have we mentioned the sunshine?
Learn more about Phoenix in general:
The Episcopal diocese of Arizona: www.azdiocese.org
Phoenix Convention & Visitor’s Bureau: www.visitphoenix.com
The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commercer: www.phoenixchamber.com
Arizona Office of Tourism: www.azot.gov
The Arizona Republic: www.azcentral.com